2017 Toyota Camry Safety
Safety is a major concern when you’re shopping for a midsize sedan to log long miles or transport your family. In recent years, Toyota has gone above and beyond to make its cars safe, and the latest Camry is a great example. It comes loaded with both traditional and advanced safety features to protect everyone from the dangers of the road. As a result, the 2017 Toyota Camry safety ratings are stellar across the board. When you’re ready to learn more about his car, head to Findlay Toyota.
Independent ratings agencies have given the 2017 Toyota Camry safety top marks. The NHTSA rated the latest Camry five out of five stars for overall crash protection. The car also received a perfect rating for side crash protection. The IIHS has certified the Camry similarly, giving it the top ratings of “Good” in every one of its crash tests. This includes the small and moderate overlap front tests that many other cars struggle with. The IIHS has also give given the 2017 Camry a rating of “Advanced” for its front crash prevention.
Unique Safety Features
Part of what sets the 2017 Toyota Camry safety apart from other midsize sedans is the number of its advanced and distinctive features. If you are looking for levels of protection that inspire confidence on the road, this car delivers:
- Front Knee Airbags – Most cars protect the upper body during a collision but leave the lower body vulnerable. The Camry inflates airbags to keep the whole body safe.
- Rearview Camera – Any time you are backing up, there is some uncertainty. But when you have a clear view of everything behind your vehicle, you can navigate tight spaces with ease.
- Blind Spot Monitoring – This system alerts you when something is in your blind spot, and will sound an alert when you are trying to back up and cross traffic is approaching.
- Forward Collision Mitigation – If you are in danger of hitting an object in front of your vehicle, an alert will sound and the brakes will automatically be applied if you do not react in time. This helps lower the chances of rear end accidents.
- Safety Connect – This advanced telematics system will automatically connect you to emergency responders and roadside assistance providers, as well as help you track down your car in the event that it’s stolen.
Tour and Test Drive the 2017 Toyota Camry Today
The 2017 Toyota Camry safety specs are impressive, but safety isn’t the only feature that stands out about this sedan. Test out the features and experience how the newest Camry feels on the road by visiting Findlay Toyota.