What’s the 2019 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity?
What is the towing capacity of a Toyota Tundra? It depends on the trim and equipment. The 2019 Toyota Tundra towing capacity is 6,400 to 10,200 pounds. It also has a payload capacity of 1,440 to 1,730 pounds. Additionally, it’s available with a variety of features like a tow package and special side mirrors to help you tow safely and efficiently. Read on to learn more about the new Tundra’s capabilities to help you see all of the attractions at Sloan Nation Conservation Area!
Toyota Tundra Tow Package & Features
The Toyota Tundra offers the features you need to tow confidently through Las Vegas and Boulder City. Outboard-mounted shocks and a powerful TripleTech™ frame with an integrated trailer hitch receiver give the Tundra the muscle it needs. Twelve high-strength bolts driven into the frame secure the trailer hitch for added support and peace of mind.
You can also keep a close eye on performance as you tow, thanks to a combination meter with a voltmeter coolant temperature, fuel, and engine oil pressure gauges. Other features include the following:
- TOW/HAUL Mode and 4-/7-Pin Connector: With the 4-/7-pin connector, you can tow larger items more easily, because the system automatically holds lower gears for longer, increases throttle response, and more.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller/Trailer-Sway Control: These systems let you control the amount of trailer braking and can apply the brakes when trailer sway is detected.
- Available Tundra Tow Mirrors: Available as accessories, Toyota Tundra tow mirrors for the driver side and passenger side let you keep a closer eye on your cargo.
Toyota Tundra Engines
What about the engines that make it all possible? The Toyota Tundra is available to Pahrump shoppers with two engine options. Here’s a closer look at their specs:
- i-FORCE 4.6L V8 Engine: Paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission, this engine delivers 310 hp and 327 lb-ft of torque.
- i-FORCE 5.7L V8 Engine: This engine is also paired with a 6-speed automatic, and generates 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque. It comes with a Tow Package, which includes an additional engine and transmission oil coolers. This is the engine you need to tow 10,200 pounds—or about three Toyota Priuses.
Explore the Tundra Pickup Trucks at Findlay Toyota in Henderson!
Want to learn more about the Toyota Tundra towing capacity? Compare the Toyota Tundra vs. Toyota Tacoma, then schedule a test drive at Findlay Toyota near Mesquite and Moapa! Whether you’re shopping for a Tundra TRD Pro, a Tundra 4WD, or even a tow-ready Toyota 4Runner, we can help you find what you need.
More on Toyota Models
How much can a Toyota 4Runner tow? When properly equipped, the 4Runner SUV has no trouble towing up to 5,000 pounds*. What’s more, since every 4Runner configuration includes the standard features you’ll need to pull heavy loads, you won’t even have to upgrade to enjoy these impressive capacities in Henderson. Heading out past Pahrump with…
The 2019 Toyota Highlander might not be the largest SUV in the Toyota lineup, but you’d never know it by looking at a list of its advanced technology and comfort features! This year’s model is offering even more than those of past years, and no matter which trim level you settle on, you’ll love what…
Toyota trucks like the Tundra are known for rugged towing power, but those looking for an SUV that can tow should consider the Toyota Highlander. The 2019 Toyota Highlander allows drivers to tow their trailer or boat for a Nevada road trip, while keeping the family safe and comfortable in its spacious interior. Toyota Highlander…