What’s the 2019 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity?
What is the towing capacity of a Toyota Tundra? It depends on the trim and equipment. The 2019 Toyota Tundra towing capacity is 6,400 to 10,200 pounds. Just as impressively, the Tundra payload capacity ranges between 1,440 and 1,730 pounds. Additionally, it’s available with a variety of features like a tow package and special side mirrors to help you tow safely and efficiently. Read on to learn more about the new Tundra’s capabilities to help you see all of the attractions at Sloan Nation Conservation Area!
Toyota Tundra Tow Package & Features
Now that you’ve answered the question, “how much can a Tundra tow?” we’re sure you’ll want to know how this pickup puts up such impressive numbers. Naturally, the Toyota Tundra offers the features you need to tow confidently through Las Vegas and Boulder City. Outboard-mounted shocks and a powerful TripleTech™ frame with an integrated trailer hitch receiver give the Tundra the muscle it needs. Twelve high-strength bolts driven into the frame secure the trailer hitch for added support and peace of mind.
You can also keep a close eye on performance as you tow, thanks to a combination meter with a voltmeter coolant temperature, fuel, and engine oil pressure gauges. Other features include the following:
- TOW/HAUL Mode and 4-/7-Pin Connector: With the 4-/7-pin connector, you can tow larger items more easily, because the system automatically holds lower gears for longer, increases throttle response, and more.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller/Trailer-Sway Control: These systems let you control the amount of trailer braking and can apply the brakes when trailer sway is detected.
- Available Tundra Tow Mirrors: Available as accessories, Toyota Tundra tow mirrors for the driver side and passenger side let you keep a closer eye on your cargo.
Toyota Tundra Engines
What about the engines that make it all possible? The Toyota Tundra is available to Pahrump shoppers with two engine options. Here’s a closer look at their specs:
- i-FORCE 4.6L V8 Engine: Paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission, this engine delivers 310 hp and 327 lb-ft of torque.
- i-FORCE 5.7L V8 Engine: This engine is also paired with a 6-speed automatic, and generates 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque. It comes with a Tow Package, which includes an additional engine and transmission oil coolers. This is the engine you need to tow 10,200 pounds—or about three Toyota Priuses.
Explore the Tundra Pickup Trucks at Findlay Toyota in Henderson!
Want to learn more about your Toyota truck towing capacity? Compare the Toyota Tundra towing capacity to that of the Toyota Tacoma to get a better idea of what you’ll be able to accomplish. Once you’ve seen enough, schedule a test drive at Findlay Toyota near Mesquite and Moapa! Whether you’re shopping for a Tundra TRD Pro, a Tundra 4WD, or even a tow-ready Toyota 4Runner, we can help you get the Toyota towing capacity you’ll need to get more out of every drive.
More on Toyota Models
The 2020 Toyota Camry is a great choice for commuters thanks to its range of configurations, starting prices, and features. Whether you opt for the entry-level, L, or go big with the performance-focused 2020 Camry XSE, there is a new Toyota Camry model for every type of driver and budget. View Camry Inventory Contact Us…
Drivers love the 2019 Toyota Highlander, and the experts have only confirmed what our neighbors have already been saying! Explore the Toyota Highlander reviews to find out which trim levels and features have stood out most to people in the industry, and then find a new Toyota Highlander for sale at Findlay Toyota. View Highlander Inventory…
In its baseline configuration, the 2019 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity is 1,500 pounds. This brings it into line with other vehicles from its segment, which can tow about the same amount of weight. However, the story doesn’t end there. Each of the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid trims can tow up to 1,750 pounds, and those…