2017 Toyota Prius vs. the 2016 Nissan Leaf
Ultra-efficient vehicles like the gas/electric hybrid 2017 Toyota Prius and the all-electric 2016 Nissan Leaf are in high demand. But just because a vehicle is efficient doesn’t mean it’s a compelling vehicle to drive on a daily basis. When you compare the latest Prius and Leaf head-to-head, it’s clear that the Toyota model is more of a complete package. Take a deeper look at both models before checking out the 2017 Toyota Prius at Findlay Toyota in Henderson near Las Vegas, Boulder City, and Pahrump.
At both the low and high end, you will pay a lot for the 2017 Toyota Prius.
- Prius: MSRP ranging from $24,910 to $34,750*
- Leaf: MSRP ranging from $29,010 to $36,790
The 2017 Toyota Prius is better able to meet any and all of your driving needs.
- Prius: All trims are powered by a 1.8L four-cylinder engine combined with electric motors that together deliver 121 hp and can help the vehicle reach 0-60 mph in 9.8 seconds. And since the car relies on both gas and electric power, you can travel 500+ miles while getting up to 58 mpg city and 53 mpg highway.
- Leaf: The only power source under the hood is a 80-kW electric motor that delivers just 107 hp and takes up to 10.2 seconds to propel the vehicle to 60 mph. You can travel up to 107 miles on a charge, but for any distance longer than that you will need to pull off the road and spend hours charging up the battery packs.
If you plan to take advantage of the carrying capacity these hatchbacks offer, the Prius gives you more room to work with.
- Prius: The dedicated storage area can hold 24.6 cubic feet of space
- Leaf: You are limited to 23.6 cu-ft of space in the back.
The 2017 Toyota Prius comes loaded with features that ensure any drive of any length is comfortable and convenient.
- Prius: The base trim comes with alloy wheels and LED head and taillights on the exterior. Inside you will a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, a 6.1-inch display screen with Siri Eyes Free enabled, and a six-speaker stereo.
- Leaf: Despite costing thousands more, the base trim comes with steels wheel, standard exterior lights, a tilt-only steering wheel, a 5-inch display screen, and a stereo with only four speakers.
Go Farther in the 2017 Toyota Prius
A great all-around car that uses gas sparingly is a lot more practical than a car that offers less that uses no gas at all. Get a feel for the 2017 Toyota Prius at 7733 Eastgate Rd, Henderson, NV. We are easy to reach from Las Vegas, Pahrump, and Boulder City by taking I-515 to Exit 62. If you have questions, feel free to contact us anytime.
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price, excludes the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee of $835 for Cars, $900 for Small/Light Trucks (Sienna, RAV4, Highlander Gas, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Tacoma and Venza), $1195 for Large Trucks (Tundra), and $995 for Large SUVs (Sequoia and Land Cruiser). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. Actual dealer price will vary. Actual dealer document fee may vary.