2017 Toyota Tacoma vs. 2017 Nissan Frontier
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma and the 2017 Nissan Frontier are both midsize pickups that offer a capable alternative to their larger counterparts. But if you want the next new pickup you drive around Las Vegas to offer the power, efficiency, utility, and overall refinement you’re really looking for, the latest Tacoma is the better choice. Find out how they compare head to head before planning a trip from Boulder City to Findlay Toyota in Henderson.
The last thing you want is an under-powered pickup. The 2017 Tacoma offers more of the power and capability you require:
- Tacoma: The base engine is a 2.7L four-cylinder that puts out 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque. You also have the option to drive with a 3.5L V6 that boots power to 278 hp and can tow up to 6,800 pounds.
- Frontier: The base engine is a 2.5L four-cylinder that produces just 152 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque. You can pay more to get a 4.0L V6 engine, but it delivers an underwhelming 261 hp and can tow only 6,500 pounds.
If you’re going to be driving in extreme conditions, you can feel confident that the 2017 Toyota Tacoma is keeping you, your passengers, and your cargo safe:
- Tacoma: All trims are equipped with driver and passenger knee airbags that cushion the lower body in an impact. You also have the option to add blind-sport monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert, two features that help you avoid common hazards on the road.
- Frontier: No trim is available with safety features that protect the lower body or warn you of dangers outside your field of vision.
The Toyota Tacoma comes with more of the features and technologies that have a real impact on the quality of your drive.
- Tacoma: The base trim is equipped with 16-inch steel wheels, a unique cargo bed rail system with both fixed and adjustable tie downs, and a rear sliding mirror. In the cabin you will find a 6.1-inch touchscreen display that includes a rearview camera, Siri Eyes Free for iPhone users, voice controls, and an interface for the six-speaker audio system.
- Frontier: On the base trim you will have to make do with 15-inch steel wheels, a bed without any enhanced features, a fixed rear window, no display screen of any kind, and a four-speaker stereo.
Check Off All the Boxes with the 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Visit Findlay Toyota at 7733 Eastgate Rd in Henderson, NV to get a closer look at the Tacoma. It is easy to reach us from the Pahrump and Las Vegas area by simply taking I-515 to Exit 62. If you have questions, contact us at anytime.