The Toyota Safety Sense is a unique package that has helped Toyota earn its reputation for safety. One feature among this package is the Toyota Pre-Collision System. Some Las Vegas drivers wonder, “How does the Toyota Pre-Collision System work?” Luckily, Findlay Toyota has put together a guide that explains just how this system can help keep you safe on the Henderson roads. Learn all about this system and what Toyota vehicles are equipped with this feature.
How the Toyota Pre-Collision System Works
Using cameras and radar, the Toyota Pre-Collision System uses advanced monitoring technology to help prevent collisions. Here is a little more detailed explanation of what this feature can do:
- A Toyota model equipped with the Pre-Collision System houses a front-facing camera and invisible laser.
- This technology is used to measure the distance between your vehicle and any obstacles that are in front of your vehicle.
- The system calculates your speed to determine the likelihood of a possible collision.
- If it deems a collision possible or likely, your Toyota vehicle will send out an audiovisual alert notifying you of any potential danger. When you see this signal, apply the brakes.
- The Pre-Collision system may apply the brakes automatically if the alerts don’t enable you to manually apply the brakes.
The Toyota Pre-Collision System is expertly designed to give you an extra set of eyes on every Boulder City drive.
What Toyota Models Have Pre-Collision?
Here are the Toyota models in which Pahrump can find the Toyota Pre-Collision System standardly available or optional:
- Crossovers, SUVs, and Minivans: C-HR, Land Cruiser, Highlander, Highlander Hybrid, RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma, Sienna
- Cars and Hatchbacks: Avalon, Avalon Hybrid, Camry, Camry Hybrid, Corolla, Corolla Hybrid, Prius, Prius Prime, Prius c, Yaris Hatchback
Other Toyota Safety Sense Features
To stay protected and secure on the Henderson roads, here are the features that are included in the Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, the newest version:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Automatic High Beams
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Road Sign Assist
With the 2.0, there are two other available package options: the Toyota Safety Sense P and Toyota Safety Sense C. To make sure you’re getting all of the necessary features, speak to our staff before purchasing a specific package.
Learn More About Pre-Collision with Findlay Toyota
Still wondering, “How does the Toyota Pre-Collision System work?” If you’re still unsure how it works, contact us for more information on package features and anything else!