How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires?
How often should you rotate your tires? Generally, when to rotate tires is every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Keep in mind, this is just a rule of thumb, and Las Vegas drivers can refer to their vehicle’s owner’s manual for the exact figures in regards to how many miles to rotate tires. Still wondering how often you should rotate your tires? Take a look at the handy guide below, provided by the trusted team at the Findlay Toyota service center.
Rotating Tires on FWD and RWD Vehicles
When it comes to front- and rear-wheel drive, it means where the power from the engine is sent. For a front-wheel drive car, it’s sent to the front tires, whereas with the rear-wheel drive car, the power is sent to the rear tires. The tires that get the bulk of the engine power will wear much faster than the other tires. Do you drive a FWD or RWD vehicle? Take a look at the tire rotation tips below to help:
- For FWD or RWD cars, tire rotation needs to be performed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Be sure to consult your owner’s manual for exact figures.
- If you are handling a FWD tire rotation at home, keep in mind to flip sides when moving the rear tires. For example, the rear right tire will go on the front left. However, when moving the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- When rotating tires on a RWD car, invert the process above. Flip sides when moving the front tires to the back, but keep the rear tires on the same side when moving them forward.
- Keep in mind how you drive. For example, off-roading will affect how often you need to rotate your tires. Talk with the service experts at Findlay Toyota to get a better idea of a maintenance schedule that fits your driving habits.
AWD Tire Rotation Tips
Curious as to how many miles to rotate tires on an AWD model? This is slightly different because each tire will wear differently, as well as at different speeds. Remember to always refer to your owner’s manual for the exact numbers for your specific vehicle. If you are unsure when you last rotated your tires, that’s okay! Schedule a service appointment at the Findlay Toyota service center. Our team will perform an inspection to see if you need a tire rotation. Tires typically require a rotation once the tread variance exceeds 2/32 of an inch.
Why Rotate Tires?
Boulder City-area drivers understand that tire rotations help extend the life of your tires. Also, a routine tire rotation provides your vehicle with additional benefits, which include :
- Improved traction on slippery roads
- Less noise on the road
- Relieves unnecessary stress on the drivetrain
If you’re looking to make sure that you’re prepared for hazardous weather around Pahrump, keep tire rotations as part of your maintenance plan. Properly caring for your tires doesn’t mean that they’ll last forever. If you’re in need of replacement, our tire center is ready to further assist you!
Get Your Tire Advice From Findlay Toyota
If you would like additional information about tire care, don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our certified technicians are always standing by to help answer your questions and solve your problems.