The 2017 Toyota 86 is very similar to the former Scion FR-S, but with a few notable upgrades. Thanks to refined engine tuning the powertrain is able to boost horsepower and torque ratings by 5 over the 2016 version. The suspension has also been re-engineered to deliver superior driving dynamics to Boulder City drivers. A new front intake stretches across the width of the car and gives the 86 a tougher look than the build that it replaces. New wheel spoke designs and the integration of LED head and taillights help to elevate the look even further.
The 2017 Toyota 86 proves that you don’t have to break the bank to get behind the wheel of a car you’re truly excited to drive:
- Toyota 86 Manual: MSRP starting at $26,225*
- Toyota 86 Automatic: MSRP starting at $26,975*
The 2017 Toyota 86 has been designed to attack the roads of Pahrump and Henderson with confidence. If you like to drive for the pure pleasure of driving, you should expect to have a lot of fun behind the wheel.
- Engine: Under the hood is a 2.0L horizontally-opposed four-cylinder that puts out up to 205 hp and 156 lb-ft of torque. With the manual transmission equipped you can shoot from 0-60 mph in around 6.5 seconds.
- Transmission: Choose between a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission that sends power to the rear wheels. The automatic transmission comes with paddle shifters and rev-matched downshifts to give you greater control over the driving experience.
- Efficiency: Spend more time on the road thanks to fuel-efficiency ratings of 21 mpg city and 28 mpg highway for the manual or 24 mpg city and 32 mpg highway for the automatic.
Technology and Features
The 2017 Toyota 86 isn’t just fun to drive. It’s also loaded with exciting features and advanced technologies that ensure you and your passengers enjoy every minute you spend in the cabin. Here are just a few highlights:
- Automatic LED Lights: Your headlights will come on automatically as soon as light levels drop for any reason. And since both the head and taillights are LED, you get a perfect view of the road and help you car stand out from everything else around it.
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel: The steering wheel is the link between you and your car. The 86’s leather-wrapped wheel gives it an upscale look and feel.
- Bluetooth Phone and Audio Connectivity: Stream music from your phone and make or receive calls without having to distract yourself when you eyes should be on the road.
- Rearview Camera: An expansive view of the area behind your car makes it especially easy to back up and parallel park.
- 7-inch Touchscreen: A large and intuitive interface lets you connect with all your infotainment options, including your eight-speaker stereo, in one place. You can even use voice controls and keep both your hands on the wheel.
If the experts in the automotive industry are this excited about the new 2017 Toyota 86, you should be too.
- Edmunds: “It’s a car that you look for excuses to take for a spin and drive it a little farther or harder than you need to because it’s so entertaining.”
- The Car Connection: “The 2017 Toyota 86 isn’t about power, but it is about fun, and it has just enough creature comforts to make it livable as a daily driver.”
- Top Speed: “That grille, in combination with the black trim insert to the top of it and the design underneath, makes the car look almost like it is snarling at you. It’s a pretty cool look for the car and a huge improvement over its appearance as a Scion.”
Take a Test Drive Today
When you’re ready to put the 2017 Toyota 86 to the test, head to Findlay Toyota. We are located at 7733 Eastgate Rd, Henderson, NV, right off of I-515 at Exit 62 and a short drive from Las Vegas, Bounder City, Henderson, and Pahrump. If you would like to ask questions or schedule a test drive in advance, please contact us.