The 2017 Toyota Prius costs less than you might expect, and thanks to its stellar fuel-efficiency ratings, total cost of ownership is lower than many conventional gas cars.
- Prius Two: MSRP from $24,685*
- Prius Three: MSRP from $26,735*
- Prius Four: MSRP from $29,135*
Hybrid Performance and MPG
The 2017 Toyota Prius runs on a hybrid gas/electric powertrain that uses battery packs and a pair of electric motors/generators to supplement the performance of the gas engine. After years of development and refinement, the hybrid drive system in this Prius is one of the most subtle and sophisticated on the road. All trims run on a 1.8L four-cylinder engine that produces 95 hp.
The hybrid system is paired with a unique electronically controlled, continuously variable transmission that harvests the most power out of the gas/electric sources. That power is sent to the front wheels. There are also selectable driving modes that allow drivers to prioritize either driving dynamics or efficiency. The standard Prius gets 54 mpg city and 50 mpg highway. The Prius Eco elevates that rating to 58 mpg city and 53 mpg highway thanks to weight reductions and low rolling-resistance tires. Whether you’re making your way to Hoover Dam from Boulder City, or taking a scenic drive through Pahrump, you’ll be sure to save on fuel.
Trims and Features
Toyota engineers have perfected the Prius over the years by adding smart features and advanced technology.
- Two: The outside sports alloy wheels and LED taillights and running lights. Inside, you will find automatic climate controls, cruise control, Bluetooth connectivity, a 6.1-inch touchscreen connected to a rearview camera, voice recognition software including Siri Eyes Free and a six-speaker stereo.
- Three: This trim adds upgrades like leatherette upholstery on the steering wheel, a wireless charging station for your phone, and the Toyota Entune infotainment system linked to a 7-inch touchscreen. The Entune system gives you access to navigation, satellite radio, and apps like Pandora and Yelp.
- Four: The premium trim comes with leatherette upholstery throughout the interior, a blind-spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alerts, a power driver’s seat with adjustable lumbar support, and expanded storage options. Both this and the Three trim are available with additional advanced safety features, style upgrades, a heads up display, a ten-speaker stereo, and a self parking feature.
Advanced Safety Features
The Prius has long been recognized as a dependable car, and this model will be no exception thanks to its safety technology:
- Blind Spot Monitor: If your Prius detects a vehicle in its blind spot, the available Blind Spot Monitor system will alert the driver via an illuminated indicator on the appropriate side mirror. You’ll always know when to change lanes safely.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: The available Rear Cross-Traffic Alert sends you an audible alert to warn you about approaching vehicles when you’re backing out of a driveway or parking spot.
- ToyotaCare: Every new Prius comes with a two-year/25,000 no cost maintenance plan as well as three years of 24-hour roadside assistance.
The critics agree that the 2017 Toyota Prius is a great addition to the revered line of vehicles:
- Edmunds:“If fuel economy is a priority when you’re shopping for a new car, you can’t do much better than the 2017 Toyota Prius. It delivers some of the best mileage of any car on the road, along with the utility of a hatchback and a comfortable, quiet ride.”
- The Car Connection:“The Prius this year is part of Toyota’s larger push to make active safety affordable and accessible on cars for the car-buying masses. They’re one of the first automakers to make the jump in mass-market cars and we can’t applaud the effort enough.”
Refine Your Ride in the 2017 Toyota Prius
Now is a great time to start reaping the rewards of a hybrid like the 2017 Toyota Prius. Experience it in person at Findlay Toyota, located at 7733 Eastgate Rd. in Henderson, NV. To reach us from Las Vegas, Boulder City, or Pahrump, simply take I-515 south to Exit 62, and look for us on the east side of the highway. If you have questions, please contact us. Be sure to also consider a used Toyota Prius available at Findlay Toyota!