Many Mesquite drivers often ask about the auto liability insurance definition. Liability insurance, which is required by law in most states, is a two-fold plan that covers bodily injury and property damage. Keep in mind, these are separate, but both are required. They cover expenses from injuries to other people or property damage if you are the at-fault driver. With that said, what does liability coverage pay for? Findlay Toyota is here to take a look at what it offers if you are involved in an accident while driving your new Toyota vehicle.
How Does Liability Insurance Work?
Both bodily injury and property damage are part of your overall liability coverage, with each of them having their set limits. There are minimum limits set by the state, but you can set your limits based on the amount you’re comfortable paying. Liability insurance covers the following:
- Bodily Injury
- Medical and hospital bills
- Any long-term nursing care that may be needed
- Funeral expenses in the event of a fatal accident
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earnings
- Property Damage
- Repair expenses
- Necessary part replacement
- Vehicle damage
- General property damage (house, personal property, etc.)
Just remember the important factor, this coverage is for victims of the accident and now the driver at fault. Set proper limits on your liability coverage that go with what you can offer.
Liability Coverage Limits
While you’re setting up the plan that works best for you, you will want to discuss the coverage limits with your Boulder City agent. You have the option of splitting up your limits or housing them as one single limit. Here’s how that works:
- A split limit lets you select individual maximums for bodily injury payments per person, for all people injured, and all property damage.
- With a single limit, there is no total limit per person, and the lump sum is spread across all those injured and all property damaged.
Learn More at Findlay Toyota!
Buying a new or used vehicle includes learning and understanding all available financing and auto insurance coverage options. It’s important that Pahrump drivers are following the state guidelines while choosing the coverage best suited for them. Have any questions about gap insurance or liability insurance? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us.