Car won’t jump start in Las Vegas? You need to jump start the car battery. Learn how to properly jump start a car with this guide from the service team at Findlay Toyota. Need to order a new car battery? Order parts online with our parts department!.
Proper Way to Jump Start a Car
Every driver in Boulder City should learn how to jump start a car. First, you’ll need a set of jumper cables and another working vehicle. If this seems complicated, you can always call a jump start car service, such as AAA. Follow these steps for the proper way to jump start a car:
- Have the car with the good battery park facing the other vehicle, then make sure that vehicle is turned off. Check to make sure both parking brakes are engaged.
- Open both hoods and find the batteries. There might be a plastic hood to remove to expose the battery terminals.
- Identify the positive and negative terminals. They need to be clean and free of any corrosion.
- Connect the red clamp to the positive post on the dead battery.
- Hook the other red clamp to the positive terminal of the battery of the working car.
- Connect the black clamp to the negative post on the good battery.
- For the final clamp, connect it to an unpainted metal surface on the car’s frame.This grounds the cables – this is important.
- After everything is hooked up securely, start the engine of the vehicle with the good battery first, then the one with the dead battery.
More Battery Tips and Tricks
After attempting to jump start the car battery, your car might not start in Pahrump. If your car won’t jump start, you either need a battery replacement or there’s a more serious problem. Troubleshoot the issue with these steps:
- If you try and start the car but only hear a clicking sound, the starter might not be functioning. Schedule a service appointment at Henderson to have the starter repaired.
- If the engine fails to turn over, but the electrical systems of the car turn on, the reason your car won’t start could be a number of issues. The ignition switch, battery, starter, or a fuse could be the problem. It’s worth bringing your vehicle to our service center in Henderson so they can diagnose the issue.
- Keep your vehicle running for a while after getting the jump. That allows the battery to recharge fully after it’s been drained.
For more car battery service tips like how to install a car battery and more, visit Findlay Toyota.
Contact the Service Center at Findlay Toyota
Whether you need a new battery or a tire rotation, our service technicians can handle any maintenance or repair of your vehicle. Contact our service center with any questions and be sure to explore our service specials to keep your repair costs as low as possible!